We provide a variety of guided leisure activity holidays for guests who wish to immerse themselves in rural Ireland, its people, music, local quality food and good accommodation. A relaxed, self paced holiday where you meet new like minded friends and enjoy genuine hospitality, beautiful unspoilt ancient ground, spectacular views, and abundant wildlife and flowers.
This is more than just a holiday it is an experience.
What can you expect from us:
- Starting on a Saturday, we offer 3 choices: 7 days multi activity leisure holiday, 7 days hill walking holiday or 7 days cycling holiday, all including a day cruise on Lough Derg. Our activities are not marathons or endurance tests; they are comfortable trips for easy to moderate folk like ourselves. This is a chill out holiday.
- A range of accommodation choices are also provided from full board, bed and breakfast to self catering. A packed lunch is provided for free each day.
- A Great value holiday starting from as little as 25€ for a self catering cottage based on 5 people sharing for 7 nights.
- No hidden costs, no surcharges, no local payments except the drink! Free Airport / Rail / Bus Transfers.
- Entertainment, equipment (bicycles, helmets, reflective jackets and safety equipment for the Cruise) and entry fees to attractions.
A true taste of real rural Ireland based in East Clare, within easy reach of Shannon Airport and Limerick City, on the shores of the River Shannon’s largest lake, Lough Derg, with the glorious background of the Slieve Aughty mountains.
You get yourself to Shannon Airport or Limerick rail and bus terminus and we’ll collect and return you free.
There comes a time in one’s life’s quest when the sharing of a place, its light, its ancient stillness yet echoes, its heartfelt warmth and craic offers the pulses and space for an epiphany.
Guided Leisure Activity- 7 days Holidays
OPTION 1: 7 Days Multi Activity Guided Holiday
Some of the activities include:
- A visit to Limerick city’s, King John's Castle, Art galleries, "Angela’s Ashes" landmarks
- Looped cycle rides on rural quiet roads. (3 hours return trip - easy/moderate cycle)
- Looped guided hill walks on Slieve Aughty (3 hours easy/moderate walk)
- A trip to Inis Cealtra/Holy Island with round tower and other historic monuments
- Cruise on Lough Derg, visit of Portumna Castle and Abbey
- Packed lunch provided each day
OPTION 2: 7 Days Leisure Hill Walking Activity Guided Holiday
Easy -to-moderate looped hill walking (3 – 4 hours) in the west of Ireland on the world famous Burren and the rural mountains of East Clare. Includes a day’s cruising to chill out on Lough Derg. Packed lunch provided each day.
OPTION 3: 7 Days Leisure Cycling Activity Guided Holiday
Easy-to-moderate looped cycle trails (3-4 hours) in the heartlands of East Clare. Peddling through a varied historic landscape of gentle rolling hills with breath-taking views. Includes a day’s cruising to chill out on Lough Derg. Packed lunch provided each day.
Early Bird Special Offer
Holiday with us or book before the end of May and you will receive a free bottle of wine with your first meal.
We also run tailored guided leisure activity holidays. Visit our itinerary page for details.
Please view details of our Accommodation, Costs and Special offers.
Gearoid and Dannan